TAKE THE IDEA AND RUN


Pop Quiz: WHICH is the following screenwriters is the SUCCESSFUL one (answer at the bottom).

SCREENWRITER #1
Boo hoo. I can't get a writing gig.

SCREENWRITER #2
Waaaa. I can't sell my pitch.

SCREENWRITER #3
Complain all you want. But I'm all about hard work. I'm going to start draft #336 of my new spec comedy about a dude that decides to enter the Miss Argentina pageant.

SCREENWRITER #5
(to self)
Hmmm, good concept. I think I'll quietly pitch it while he's distracted perfecting his spec.

ANSWER TO THE QUIZ:

Screenwriter #5 is successful because he got the idea to market first.

The moral of today's story: Work fast, or don't tell your friends what you're writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The successful pitch: Establishing an emotional connection

3 KEYS TO THE SUCCESSFUL HOLLYWOOD PITCH: PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE

Successfully selling your screenplay via "bundling"